Health: culture, death and coping with loss

4/8/23

This week I have been find out more about my culture and how they coop with the loss of a family member.

Here is a table on how I deal with lost family member.

For Ace’s

Question Sentence starters/tasks Evidence 
What is your culture?  My culture is Tongan and cook isla
What happens in your culture when someone passes away? When a person passes away, this is what happens in my culture at funerals. There would be women wearing flower hats and a dress at the funerals. And also a few speeches and singing before saying goodbye to a loved one. 

(say what happens at the burial /funeral /tangi /

celebration)

What do you wear when a person passes away?
What is something important about your culture that you want people to know? Something important that I would like to share about my culture is….  That it is catholic and their beliefs are Jesus and god.

(say one thing that you want to share about your culture. It could be a fact, something funny or something that teaches us about your culture)

What are 3 feelings that people feel when people pass away or you lose something important? Three feelings that people might feel when a person passes away or loses something important are (use the feelings wheel

1.   Sad
  2.  Angry
  3. Unfortunate
What can you do if a person passes away and you are really sad? Trying keep myself up

31/8/23

Dying, Death, and the Afterlife

in Health, we have been learning about Death, Dying, and the Afterlife. We have learned about some different cultural beliefs and traditions and how to cope when things happen.

My topic is about religious Beliefs around death and what other countries and religion do after a love one that has pass.

what I learn about my topic is that some countries like the UK, don’t take their religious death tradition serious as they use too. Although not much of the uk don’t take it serious, their some countries that take their death traditon very serious like mexico, do you know that in Mexico after a death, a vigil is held with family and friends for 24-48 hours. So their are cultures that mourning  the loss of a loved one, others focus on celebrating of the individual who passed away and their  is so much more about other people cultures and beliefs around death.

What do you do that is helpful when something changes, you are upset or you lose someone/something important to you?

Find 1 picture for each number that shows:

1. What I do when change happens to someone important to me ?   Worried Face GIFs | Tenor
  2. What I do when am upset with someone important to me ?  Angry Face Emoji transparent png - DesignBust
  3.  Here I do when I lose someone important to me ?Sad Face Emoji - World of Better Learning | Cambridge University Press

How were you respectful to others during this unit?

I was respectful when Miss Bennett explaining about this work and being respectful I was getting on with my work and also finding about new things.